Committed to Serving the Community
The Ellison Primary School was built in 1912 and used as an elementary school until 1996. The building was renovated and restored in partnership with the Society and the Ellison Volunteer Fire Department. It reopened as the Ellison Heritage School Centre in 2001. The Centre now includes the Ellison Volunteer Fire Department Hall and offices as well as the community centre.
The upper floor of the Ellison Heritage Community Centre now has the hall available for weddings, parties, meetings and other community events. The hall is operated by the Society and can seat 170 people, banquet style. It has modern amenities such as air conditioning but still maintains the charms of an old school house includin large windows, a rural setting and refinished wooden floors and walls.